Thursday, June 14, 2012

New Artwork!

I have been a busy little elf recently, fluttering about, working on one project, and then another. 

First, I'd like to show you what I did with the lanterns I got for my birthday--I finally put them up in my room! It's a bit difficult to tell in the picture because of the bright sunlight streaming through the window, but the lanterns are hanging just below my black valence box above my bed. 


I'm really excited for them because I think they add a little bit of extra color into my room, which I have been trying to incorporate into my strictly pink-black-and-white decor. I've been slowly adding subtle blues, greens, and reds into the space, and I think these lanterns add a bit of pop. Sorry you can't see them all that well...

Anyway, I promised you artwork, and I shall deliver! I feel as though I haven't been here, in this wonderful place, for such a long time and I need to show you what I have been working on!

I have four pictures to show you today--two of which I put together within a few days of each other, and the other two were more spread out.

We'll start with the one you've already seen.

This is one I drew with pastel chalks and good old fashioned colored pencils. I call it "The Sailor Girl's Dream" 


The next piece I have for you is one I drew after watching Tangled. 


Finally, I have the one I completed just this morning. I am extra proud of this one just because I felt as though I couldn't finish it, and when I started, I really didn't like the way it was looking. But I think it turned out okay in the end :)


You might not really be able to see the sparkles in the picture, but in person, it glitters like mad. I used squeezable craft glitter paint. I think it did the trick :)

I painted over the white parts of the painting with the glitter to give it a subtle golden glow.


What would it be like to visit a circus in the clouds, with the Star Queen herself?


I certainly want to go there! And in our dreams, we can :D Pretty amazing stuff, the imagination, huh?

And here is the Star Queen and her star buddy!


I had such a great time painting this piece, The Star Queen's Cloud Circus. Very fun :)

I have one last piece to share with you today. It's something I did for my brother. He's redecorating his room soon, and I thought that this would fit in nicely with his new decor.

It's Woodstock! From Charlie Brown! I stained the canvas with tea bags to give it that faded look. It didn't take very long, but I think it will fit his room nicely, as the colors match his new theme and all :)


Well, that's all I have to share with you today! More exciting news on the way! 

Have a great day, everyone!

xoxo

P.S. I will get the gallery up as soon as I can, but at the moment I have to scram because I need to be at a friend's house so we can continue watching Disney movies for the trip in 10 LITTLE DAYS! Eeeeeks! 

2 comments:

  1. My my you HAVE been up to some splendiferous art Jess! Oh I love your new pieces a ton! You are such a little creative soul, bless you!

    I love each and every bit of your art. Tangled being one of my favourites, of course I love the sun emblem. And of course I love the sailor girl and your gift for you brother! But the Star Queen's Cloud Circus! I LOVE IT SO MUCH! Beautiful work girl.

    Oh and I also adore the pops of colour in the lanterns you added above your bed. Do they light up? Must be super dreamy at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lanterns do light up, actually. Unfortunately, we can't find extra triple A batteries for the final lantern...(fail) so I haven't actually lit them all up at night yet. But I will! All in a matter of time!

    I'm so glad you like the artwork :) I had such a splendid time concocting ideas, and I have been longing to paint for such a long time now, and now that summer is here, I finally have a chance! Thanks for stopping by, doll :)

    ReplyDelete