Sunday, September 4, 2011

Halloween Party in the works

Hello friends! I am sooo sorry for having been away so long, but with the arrival of school and volleyball, I have had very little time for extra activities. But, now that it is Labor Day weekend, I have found some time to just breath. It has been especially stressful at school, balancing my AP history class with the two hours devoted to volleyball after school in addition to all of my other schoolwork...I mean, I'm not complaining. I know that I signed up for this and I'm going to work hard to make sure I succeed. I'm merely stating that trying to do too much at once isn't the smartest idea, and assuming that you can balance your life beforehand should be strongly cautioned against. So, think carefully, my friends!

Well, let's get to the updates: Halloween. I know that I will be joining Vanessa's vitual Halloween party over at A Fanciful Twist--make sure to check out her blog! She is so amazing...if you read this, Vanessa, I am a huge fan! Click here to view her past Halloween Parties so you can get a little taste of her awesomeness, and hopefully be inspired to read the rest of her many blog posts (I know I do.)

As you can probably tell, I am a huge fan of Halloween. As a matter of fact, I want to throw parties for every occasion, and many more un-birthday parties inbetween, just for a little burst of fun. But, due to my budget, this has not been a reality until now. After my mother agreed to let me throw this party, (which, by the way, will be filled with whimsy and magic) I really got into the Halloween spirit. We even went out shopping for materials to make my costume! (I'm being Alice in Wonderland this year....I promise to post pictures as soon as I can get my hands on the camera!). So now I'm going to be working on the decorations, and I know that time is very limited, even if it is just September, because my weekends are already booked (and that's pretty much all the time I have to work on this type of thing). Next weekend I have a volleyball tournmament, and the weekend after that is...for all I know, open, but who knows how quickly that can change? Sigh. LIfe is so hectic.

But that's okay. Learning to cope with what's happening around you and just trusting in fate to lead you in the right direction is part of the wild abandon that I am attempting to achieve. But until then.....

Sooo...for all of you out there interested in my little Halloween Party, and might hope to visit it when October comes along, I will have pictures posted so you can enjoy the wonder and magic of Halloween with me as soon as I get everything together. (Which, sadly, might not be for a few weeks. Be patient, please!)

:)

I am looking forward immensly to the pumpkins that are growing in our little garden! My dad decided to grow them in June and I am so glad he did! My love of pumpkins has just grown and grown and grown until I am about to burst with pumpkin love! Funny how the little, childish things in life such as pumpkins become the whims that characterize an adult of wisdom, don't you think? (Although, I suppose I should probably be classified as a young adult, but no need to technicalities...)

Well, it is time for me to say goodbye and visit the ice cream sandwich awaiting my arrival....:)

Teehee...I love ice cream. I mean, who doesn't? It's so good! And I also can't wait to bake pumpkin related things! Such as....pumpkin scones, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin cupcakes....the list is endless! There are so many pumpkin related things to bake that I can hardly contain myself! I can't wait until the season comes closer and people really start getting into the spirit of Halloween and Thanksgiving. Yay!

Sorry, I got sidetracked! I'll be seeing you later, with pictures next time! (Hopefully...oh come on! I try.)

Anyway, that's what's happening in my neck of the woods. What about you? Are you planning any crazily magical Halloween parties in the near future? Do share, darlings!

                                          <3 Jesscia


P.S. Some things you should know about me....I love Alice in Wonderland, I am a huge fan of the Mad Hatter, I love teapots and teacups, I absolutely adore cupcakes, pearls, and lace, and I also love dressing up. That is why Halloween is so fun for me!

P.P.S. My dad and I are going antiquing tomorrow! Yay!

No comments:

slippers