Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Entwined--Book Review

I have found my new love.

 

In the form of Entwined, by Heather Dixon, my new favorite book. I have not read something so enthralling, so entwining since Harry Potter. I devoured this book, and I'm still hungry for more. A quick overview of the plot: A twist on the fairy tale The Twelve Dancing Princesses, Entwined is about the oldest sister, Azalea, and her eleven sisters attempting to cope with their new lives after tragedy strikes the family. After discovering a passageway into a magical silver forest, the girls find they can dance to their heart's content without having to worry about being discovered. But there is a catch--the gentleman they meet in the silver forest, Mr. Keeper, likes to keep things. And although he offers them refuge during their difficult time, this refuge can just as quickly turn into a spider's web, tangling the sisters in deeper trouble than they could have imagined.

I started this Sunday night and finished it today. AMAZING! I highly recommend this book next time you happen to be in a bookstore or browsing online. If the pretty cover doesn't already draw you in, the story certainly will! (Side note: It is my dream to live in that little castle up there in the corner :))

Full of romance and intrigue, tragedy and humor, poofy ball gowns and slippers and of course, dancing, Entwined is definitely one of the best books I have ever read.

Visit my book nook page and click on the Entwined cover to take you to the book's website where you can meet Heather Dixon and find out more about the book.

Have you read Entwined? Let me know what you thought! Who was your favorite princess?

Happy reading!



3 comments:

  1. Oh I want to read this so badly! You may think I am ridiculous, but have you seen the Barbie version of Twelve Dancing Princesses? It's probably on youtube. It's so good! I love all the Barbie movies, because I am a child... HAHA! But I am really glad you did this review. Because now I KNOW I need to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to run out and get it.My kind of story for sure.Thanks Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite sisters in order are. 1. Clover. 2. Azalea. 3. Bramble. 4. Delphinium. 5. Eve. 6. Goldenrod. 7.Hollyhock. 8. Flora. 9. Ivy. 10. Jessamine. 11. Kale. 12. Lily

    ReplyDelete