Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Junior Mints + My Inner Hermione

The last few days have been crummy.

I'm just going to be honest. 

Nothing dramatically terrible happened, but nothing...spectacularly good either. I have been trying to keep my chin up, but amidst studying for tests that I didn't do well on and trying to keep my chores up to date...well, let's just say that I am not feeling very Hemione-ish. How does she do it?? Is there a way to get a photographic memory? That would make everything so much easier. I could get through history just like that!! (Snap!) 

I needed to escape for a moment. Just relax. Take a deep breath. Start over.

What do you do when you're feeling stressed? How do you cope with bad things?

I needed something. My mom bought me these.


But even Junior Mints can't completely rid me of the icky feelings inside. I did bad on a chemistry quiz and even worse on a history test. I want to crawl into bed and sleep for the rest of my life.

What am I doing? 

I am a failure.

This is one depressing post.


Junior Mints numb the pain, but they can't take it away completely. 

I need to trigger my inner Hermione. 

That is pretty hard to do when you feel like disappearing into Neverland and never coming back. (And seriously? If I was given the choice of going into Neverland and never coming back, I might just accept...)

So maybe I'm a little dramatic. But this is all I know. I am not usually a slacker. I am a straight-A kind of girl. I don't get Cs and C-s on tests and quizzes. But I did this time.

I just needed to vent. I suppose I should go study or something. Or gorge my feelings on Junior Mints...maybe I'll do that instead.

xoxo Jess 

2 comments:

  1. Junior mints help :) Anything chocolate coated will help. This too shall pass! That's the phrase that has always helped me through stuff. It will pass. Things will be wonderful soon, I promise. Now here's the deal. I don't want you to go to Neverland and not come back! I am pretty sure they don't have blogging in Neverland, let alone computers. Who would be my little email sister :(

    You're a brilliant girl. You will do better if you keep at it. And remember, 2 and half more years until college! Then you can study what you WANT to! And also... Emma Watson stopped going to Brown. And technically Hermione is fictional. So I hope it makes you feel better that Emma struggled in school too!

    P.S. I love the little cupcake thingy on your dresser. So cute.

    xoxo Gossip girl

    HAHA Just kidding

    Love,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you have been having a crummy time of it of late. What's done is done, be kind to your self and put your best foot forward... after consumption of a few mints :o)
    Have a better day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete