Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Tiny Tea Room and Holiday Craze...

I would like to introduce you to a very special place I like to disappear to when I need to escape it all or just enjoy the holiday craze...


You've been seeing that sign around quite a lot, haven't you?


Well, the mystery is over! I just haven't had time to do a post explaining its meaning :) Feel free, if you would like, to copy that image and post it on your own bedroom door or blog.

It is the emblem for my room. The Tiny Tea Room is an amazing little place that I enjoy very much.


Would you like to take a peek inside?


I keep the key to the door around my neck, so no one can enter into this secret space except myself...


It's a little messy right now, so I hope you don't mind.


I did a lot of decorating and put paper snowflakes painted white and gold and strands of cupcakes and hearts cut from vintage paper along my door and throughout my room.


Ah, my desk. A disaster zone right now--I need to do some cleaning! It just takes so much motivation to get me in the cleaning mode that I often neglect my chores. I wish I was more like Snow White and could easily whistle while I worked. But even the fairest of us all has animal helpers, and unfortunately, Pogo and Smudge (my kitties) are very UNhelpful when it comes to cleaning. They would prefer to sit on the mess and take a nap :)




My Christmas tree. I decorated my own and put it on my desk so that I could enjoy the Christmas cheer upstairs and down.


And my beloved bookcase! I have so many books that it is overflowing and I might have to have my dad make me another one. (He made a lot of the furniture in my room.) 

That white key on the top makes me smile. When I saw it in the store I decided that I must have it and my mother agreed :) She is so lovely! She paid for it and everything! 


And, as you can see, I was telling the truth about the snowflakes. I went a little overboard, but hey, it's the Christmas season! Overboard is okay in my book, especially when it comes to paper goodies :)





That covers the Tiny Tea Room, I think. 

As for the holiday craze....

My mother and I hit the mall at 9:30 yesterday to avoid the crowds and it took us three hours, but we got all of our Christmas shopping done! Yay! My favorite part?

The giant Forever 21! It was humongous, my friends, and I could have spent a week shopping around in there. As it was, we didn't even end up making it to the second story, as the first was so jam packed of goodies I didn't know where to begin. We were searching for a little fancier dress that I could wear to church on Christmas Eve and I think we found the perfect fit :)

I fell in love with this jacket the moment I saw it when we walked in the store and I knew I had to have it. It is quite lovely and provides a little Lucille Ball flair to an outfit, wouldn't you say?


The dress was exceptional too :)


It looks much better on, trust me :)

We also got a little black dress, but I didn't photograph it. I'll show you the complete, final product on Christmas Eve :)

And did I mention the Cinderella shoes?


These were an immediate and definite yes when I saw them. I love the vintagy decorations on the toe, don't you?


We even bought a matching lacy bow headband to go with the outfit :)


Delightful, simply delightful! That was probably the best day ever!

SHOPPING SPREE!!!!

How fun! How about you? Have you been enjoying the holiday craze?

Have a ton of fun with the holiday nonsense and allow those sugarplums to dance through your head with welcoming arms :) You are never too old for sugarplums, in my opinion!

Wishing you all well and happy holidays,
Jess
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Your little tearoom looks really lovely, your right about it being a perfect little haven away from the craziness of Christmas. I could do with one of those!

    I love your new outfit, it looks very pretty, especially those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jessica! What a precious little tearoom! I love your sense of style, it is very much like my own he he. Can I just say that I <3 Harry too? Haha! I love all of the stars and moons on your desk, just dreamy. I love the white key on your book shelf! I want one haha! It's like a key to wonderland. I also love the way you have arranged your books on yourself, so you can see all the pretty ones' covers. I love forever21 as well. That jacket is adorable! Very classic and sweet. And you are sure to look lovely at church on Christmas eve in that adorable little gold dress. Very pretty :) Have a Merry Christmas my dear, I hope Santa is good to you HEE HEE!
    Lots of love,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete